News about special situation
Sorry for this page that we did not have time to formalize as we wanted (With more explanations & pictures, better translated, etc.)
But we tried to favor efficiency.
We hope that you will find here answer to your questions about the news of our hotel and its region during this particular period.
Good reading. And we look forward to welcoming you in accordance with our common safety.
To learn more about:
- our opening : click here
- our reservation policy: click here
- your reservation : click here
- our sanitay rules : click here
- breakfast : click here
- drink & food : click here
- 1000 & 1 things to do around Azay-le-Rideau : click here
- to contact us : click here
Contrary to what press says, the orders successively taken by our Health Minister classified French hotels as an activity "necessary for the continuity of the economic and social life of the Nation" .
As a result, our hotel has been open since March 27, 2020.
And, exceptionally this year, it will remain open until November 15.
As well as during the entire Christmas holidays, on the occasion of the "Christmas in the land of castles" event; A popular event, which now brings together 7 major castles in the area (Azay-le-Rideau, Langeais, Villandry, Chinon, Chenonceaux, Amboise and Loches) and of which you can see a short video by clicking here.
All to allow those who are immediately forced to postpone their stay, to take a real vacation this year.
Need a large bowl of fresh air? To say NO to the gloom and YES to beautiful days ?
Need to escape, dream, plan and anticipate your stay in the Loire Valley?
Do it without any risk, by opting for a reservation that can be canceled free of charge up to 48 hours before.
Or by opting for a non-cancellable reservation allowing you to save up to 10% of the price of your nights.
With us, you keep this freedom!
Anyway, you have 4 advantages to book directly:
1) Best rates guaranteed! Reservations are all guaranteed cheaper than on other sites, because you pay no commission here
2) You are in direct contact with the team of Hôtel de Biencourt, without intermediary, for more human and better prepare your stay
3) you get a free upgrade whenever we can
4) You have full availability of our rooms in real time (for a reservation beyond 6 rooms or a full privatization, please call us on 00 33 2 47 45 20 75)
If you already have a reservation
You are authorised to travel and you wish to maintain your reservation:
Nothing to do, except tell us about your arrival time; especially if it is after 8:00 p.m.
We will be happy to welcome you in reinforced sanitary conditions (see below).
You must postpone or cancel your reservation:
If your reservation is "cancellable", to incur no costs, you will have to postpone or cancel it :
- by notifying us at least 48 hours before the start date of the booked stay,
- and following the same process as that followed during your reservation.
Thus, if you have booked through an intermediary (ex: Booking.com, Expedia, etc.) you will have to postpone or cancel your stay through this intermediary.
If you have booked directly, you will just have to contact us by any means at your convenience. (If you have booked via our official website, you can click on the "view or cancel your reservation" link at the end of the confirmation received and follow the very simple procedure mentioned therein).
If your reservation is "non-modifiable, non-exchangeable, non-refundable", you took it before March 1, 2020 and your stay is prevented by confinement or quarantine measures, we exceptionally will convert the amount debited into an « avoir » of the same amount.
To benefit from this « avoir », you will need:
- notify us by any means at your convenience (simple phone call, e-mail, etc.),
- at least 48 hours before the start date of the booked stay (Otherwise, you would be considered in a no-show and this « avoir » would be permanently lost),
- use it as part of another "non-modifiable, non-exchangeable, non-refundable" stay (as your initial reservation) which must take place by 15 November 2020 in the morning at the latest. (Otherwise, this « avoir » will also be permanently lost. NB: depending on the period chosen and availability, this new stay may give rise to the payment of a price difference).
With us, the maintenance of the hotel and the rooms is daily.
But if you stay several nights and that reassures you, our team will not enter your room. To do this, simply use the "do not disturb" sign. Your wish will be respected.
Our hotel has always taken special care in its maintenance and, especially, in the cleanliness of the rooms while respecting the environment:
Cleanliness is rated 5/5 on its official website, 9.8 / 10 on Booking.com and 4.9 / 5 on Expedia (Expedia.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz.com, etc.)
Barrier measures and enhanced cleaning
For our common security, we will ask you to submit:
- a temperature measurement on your arrival, using a non-contact infrared thermometer
- using the hydroalcoholic gel made available to you in the hotel's public areas (knowing that regular handwashing with soap provided in your bathroom remains the best way to fight the virus)
- wearing your mask in the common areas of the hotel buildings.
For our part, we respect the barrier measures, to which we add these:
- before and after each cleaning action, we wash our hands,
- during the cleaning actions, we wear gloves and in particular a different pair for each room,
- common or shared surfaces are cleaned several times a day: door handles, switches, etc.,
- each room is cleaned with microfiber wipes (one color per type of surface), systematically changed and washed at 60 ° C minimum. (Special care is again given to door handles, switches, sanitary fittings, remote controls, etc.)
- used linen and clean linen have 2 separate circuits.
According to the decisions taken by our Authorities, we will offer you our breakfast either in the form of a buffet (but served by our staff), either in "spaced" form (in distance and / or in time), or in the form of room- service.
Drink & food
Pending the complete reopening of the restaurants, we joined forces with any neighboring restaurants, to exceptionally allow you to taste their dishes to take away at the hotel. This is particularly the case for:
- L’aigle d’Or : at 300 m and recommended by The Red Michelin Guide,
- Côté Cour : at 70 m and rated 4.6 / 5 on Google and 4.5 / 5 on TripAdvisor,
- Le Petit Gousier : at 30 m, rated 4.3 / 5 on Google and 4/5 on TripAdvisor and recommended by the Routard Guide.
Other restaurateurs are working hard to adapt, even more, their offer to tourist needs soon. This is particularly the case for:
- l’Epicerie de Julie : at 50 m and rated 4.8 / 5 on Google and 4.5 / 5 on TripAdvisor
- La Crédence : at 60 m and rated 4.4 / 5 on Google and 4.5 / 5 on TripAdvisor
Others, finally, organized themselves. This is particularly the case for:
- Au bon vin de Touraine wine: 50 m
- Ripaille: 100 m away and rated 4.4 / 5 on Google and 4.5 / 5 on TripAdvisor
And we are convinced that others will follow very soon (Les Grottes, Pernelle, etc.)
We invite you to visit their website or FaceBook or Instagram page for current information and to place your orders, if applicable.
Finally, to allow you to satisfy your desires on the spot, we have set up at the hotel:
- a bar service, in particular of local drinks (Wines from Azay, Chinon, Bourgueil, etc. Fruit juices, sodas, Loire beer, etc.)
- a corner of a delicatessen of selected products from the Loire Valley, to be enjoyed around an aperitif or a light meal. Or take it away for your gifts. And here is an overview:
Grilled mini-toasts, also in glutel free,
Rillettes de Tours IGP, Terrine of Racan pigeons, Pâté with Touraine foie gras, etc.
Rilettes of Smoked shad, Catfish or Loire mullet with Touraine saffron, etc.
Mousse of zucchini with goat cheese & honey, candied cherry tomatoes honey & olives, caviar eggplant with lemon juice, beets with pink berries & goat cheese, pepper hummus with Guérande salt, artichoke with truffles, etc.
Lemon cream tartlet, Chocolate mignardise, Nougat de Tours, Ridellois biscuits, whole or stewed pears "tapées", etc.
- a picnic service for your lunch (to order the previous day).
1000 & 1 things to do around Azay-le-Rideau
Here is a non-exhaustive suggestion :
- Châteaux et museums (From May 11 2020) :
Château d'Azay le Rideau (100 m : reopening annouced in June)
Château of l'Islette (Château of love of Camille Claudel & Rodin : 3 km)
Musée Balzac (7 km)
Forteresse of Langeais (10 km)
Château of Villandry (11 km)
Château of Cinq-Mars-la-Pile (12 km)
Château of Ussé (Château of Sleeping Beauty : 14 km)
Prieuré St Cosme – House of Ronsard (19 km)
Forteresse of Chinon (21 km)
Botanical garden of Tours (22 km)
Château of Rivau (25 km)
Château of Chenonceaux (40 km)
Châteaux of Amboise & du Clos Lucé (45 km)
- Wine tours
Vineyards and cellars AOC of Azay-le-Rideau (5 km)
Vineyards and cellars AOC of Chinon (15 km)
Vineyards and cellars AOC of Bourgueil (23 km)
Vineyards and cellars AOC of Montlouis (33 km)
Vineyards and cellars AOC of Vouvray (34 km)
Vineyards and cellars AOC of Saumur (35 km)
- Walks in the most beautiful villages and towns
Historic Center of Azay-le-Rideau (0 m)
Historic Center of Langeais (10 km)
Village of Bréhémont (10 km)
Village of Villandry (11 km)
Village of Savonnières (11 km)
Village of Crissay sur Manse (15 km – One of the most beautiful village of France)
Historic Center of Chinon (21 km)
Historic Center of Tours (23 km)
Village of Candes Saint Martin (35 km – One of the most beautiful village of France)
Village of Montsoreau (38 km)
Historic Center of Richelieu (40 km)
Historic Center of Amboise (45 km)
Historic Center of Saumur (45 km)
- Bike rides
In particular the departures (70 m) of circuits and loops from:
L’Indre à Vélo
La Loire à Vélo
Possibility to rent bikes from Azay-Cycles (100 m) and park them at the hotel (We are labeled Accueil Vélo)
- Hikes or walks
There are many possibilities from Azay, including:
The GR3 (800 m)
Vineyards (5 km)
National Forest of Chinon (3 km)
Riversides (100 m)
- Walks by the water
Valley and edges of l’Indre (100 m)
Valley and edges of Loire (10 km)
Valley and edges of Cher (11 km)
Valley and edges of Vienne (21 km)
- Walks in forest
National Forest of Chinon (3 km)
- Discover or deepen the natural environment: the Loire Anjou Touraine Regional Natural Park
Here you are ! (0 m)
The house of the Park: Village of Montsoreau (38 km)
- To practice or learn golf
Touraine golf course (18 km)
- To practice or learn individual water sports (Rowing, kayaking or others)
Nautical pole of Cher (23 km)
- To practice or learn equestrian sport
Azay-le-Rideau Equestrian Center (5 km)
- Introduce yourself to basketry
National basketry center: Villaines-les-Rochers (8 km)
Small market of Azay-le-Rideau (70 m)
Langeais Market (10 km)
Chinon Market (21 km)
Bourgueil Market (23 km)
Market of Tours (23 km)
- Antiquities and flea markets
Chinon flea market (21 km)
Flea market in Tours (23 km)
Puces de Montsoreau (38 km)
- Beauval Zoo
The Beauval zoo is only 50 minutes from Azay-le-Rideau and can therefore easily be the subject of a day trip
Nota : In any case, it is recommended to keep a mask and hydroalcoholic gel with you, if necessary, especially for visiting museums and châteaux.
To contact us
Feel free to contact us if any further information is needed. We are reachable 7/7 from 9:00 to 20:00:
- either by our contact form by clicking here
- either by telephone (answering machine in case of temporary absence):
from French phone at: 02 47 45 20 75
from abroad phone at: 00 33 2 47 45 20 75